Friday, June 6, 2008

Movies

So in case you can't tell, I like movies! I like them so much that I created my own theatre in the backyard, ok its my parents backyard, since I don't have one (maybe someday). This picture isn't the best, but you can get the idea. It consists of 12ft inflatable screen (starter purchased from Wal-Mart Online). I had to build some stands with my Dad's help to raise it up off the ground for better viewing. It is easily illuminated with a Toshiba DLP projector. Now my favorite part would be the sound system. Mind you its not surround sound, but good solid stereo sound. Its a 700 watt (2 x 150 watt satellite and a 400 watt sub). It's a B-52 Matrix 1000 V2, look it up some time- very nice. Got a great deal on it to, thanks to Guitar Canter :) (look, free advertising!) It packs down into a few cases for transportation and storage, its really cool, at least I think so :) On top of that Liz and I chill through the movie in our Love Sac (nothing better, she can sleep and I have fun). I hope to improve upon it in the future with a larger and solid frame screen, a better mixing board, and maybe some more Love Sacs!! I would also like to work on a slamin surround sound setup, but probably more of a cool idea then plausible, at least how I would do it :)
Here is the next thing that I hope to add, though Liz probably won't let me...... B-52 Prodigy FX
Another very cool site....... Backyard Theater





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dustin. Hunter & Preston are dancing to your music on here. The boys really dig your transformer head. Cool blog. Liz's blog is pretty cute too.

Anonymous said...

umm where is your computer ? You should have it well finished with all of this time with given you away from the kids :) ha ha!

Heather Weir said...

I love it. Sounds like a great business venture to me. I'll come if you have more love sacs. I want to do this for my family but we dont' have anyone with a big enough yard or rather far enough away from the neighbors. dang it